Saturday, May 14, 2011

Girl Scouts Annual Meeting

Today I went to what has become a routine thing for me---going to the annual meeting. I always run into familiar faces, meet new people. It is always exciting for me to go to some place where people share the same passion I do--molding today's girls into strong, independent young women.

On March 12, 2012, Girl Scouts will officially celebrate 100 years, but the celebrations will even start sooner than that. Its actually about 1 1/2 yrs of ongoing celebrations planned out over the months. So much to do, so much to do! For example, how many of you know that Juliette Gordon Low's (the founder of Girl Scouts) birthday is on October 31st? How many of you know that Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways has a Heritage Patch available for girls to earn?

I also was asked to participate in the flag ceremony opening and closing ceremonies. It was inspiring to see a mix of adults and girls in the flag ceremony. Smiles were abundant!

I almost must brag that the History & Archives committee tables were beautiful, thanks to Rita, Judi, Diane, Katherine and Joan putting them together, and I helped with the other small things too. I love that group of women.

I truly look forward to the History Conference and the 51st National Convention in Houston, TX in November. I can not wait to go! http://www.girlscouts.org/convention/

The best part of the day was the singalong, adults and girls of all ages singing together old and new songs......oh how I love Girl Scouts!

"On my honor I will try, there's a duty to be done and I say aye, there's a reason here there's a reason up above, My honor is to try and my duty is to love"

All my love!
~Carleen

No comments:

Post a Comment